Hillary Clinton Still Democrats’ Queen BeePosted: August 15, 2015
Party’s ‘safe haven’ may see a few bumps in the road – and rumours of Joe Biden considering a run – but strategists agree she remains Republicans’ top opponent.
Lauren Gambino writes: Not so long ago, Hillary Clinton’s supporters main concern seemed to be a fear that her coronation as the Democratic candidate for president would leave her unprepared for battle with the Republican nominee.
Now, by all metrics, the former secretary of state retains a historically strong lead in the race to secure her party’s nomination. She is well ahead of the other declared candidates in terms of poll numbers, money and endorsements. But a succession of setbacks and the possibility of another mainstream rival joining the race has, to some degree, checked the presumptiveness of the presumptive candidate.
This was a week that started out on a high note, with the rollout of Clinton’s college affordability plan, a policy prescription driven in large part by the party’s progressives. But the spotlight quickly moved to escalating investigations into the private email account the candidate used while secretary of state, and a drop in polls as reports renewed speculation that vice-president Joe Biden may join the race.
- VP Joe Biden May Run for President (onenewspage.us)
- Team Hillary Restive Over Possibility of Joe Biden Running for President (downtrend.com)
- If We Get Trump, Democrats Get Biden (tracinskiletter.com)
- Chuck Todd: Democratic Party has the Oldest Slate of Candidates (freebeacon.com)
- Democrats To Biden: ‘Run, Joe, Run’ (edaccessible.com)
- ALFONZO RACHEL: The Democratic Party’s Long History of Racism (tpnn.com)
- Biden associates resume discussion about presidential run (columbian.com)
- BREAKING: Obama Just Discovered Something So Shocking About Hillary He’s BEGGING Biden to Run (conservativetribune.com)
- URGENT – CNN to host first Democratic presidential debate (wyff4.com)