Washington State University’s Stalinist Thought Control: Professors Threaten Bad Grades for Saying Forbidden WordsPosted: August 31, 2015 | |
UPDATE: University Thwarts Prof’s Attempt to Punish Students for Referring to Men and Women as ‘Male’ and ‘Female’
Illegal Alien,’ ‘Male,’ ‘Female,’ Strictly Forbidden?
- Washington State students risk a failing grade in one course if they use any common descriptors professor considers “oppressive and hateful language.”
- In another class, students will lose one point every time they use the words “illegal alien” or “illegals” rather than the preferred terms of “‘undocumented’ migrants/immigrants/persons.”
Welcome to Propaganda University
“According to her syllabus, students will lose one point every time they use the words ‘illegal alien’ or ‘illegals’ rather than the preferred terms of ‘undocumented’ migrants/immigrants/persons.’ “
Multiple professors at Washington State University have explicitly told students their grades will suffer if they use terms such as “illegal alien,” “male,” and “female,” or if they fail to “defer” to non-white students.
“Several other WSU professors require their students to ‘acknowledge that racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, and other institutionalized forms of oppression exist’ or that ‘we do not live in a post-racial world.’”
According to the syllabus for Selena Lester Breikss’ “Women & Popular Culture” class, students risk a failing grade if they use any common descriptors that Breikss considers “oppressive and hateful language.”
“Throughout the course, Fowler says, students will ‘come to recognize how white privilege functions in everyday social structures and institutions.'”
The punishment for repeatedly using the banned words, Breikss warns, includes “but [is] not limited to removal from the class without attendance or participation points, failure of the assignment, and— in extreme cases— failure for the semester.”
“Streamas—who previously generated controversy by calling a student a ‘white shitbag’ and declared that WSU should stand for ‘White Supremacist University’—also demands that students ‘understand and consider the rage of people who are victims of systematic injustice.’”
Breikss is not the only WSU faculty member implementing such policies.
“The socio-legal production of migrant illegality works to systematically dehumanize and exploit these brown bodies for their labor.”
Much like in Selena Breikss’s classroom, students taking Professor Rebecca Fowler’s “Introduction to Comparative Ethnic Studies” course will see their grades suffer if they use the term “illegal alien” in their assigned writing.
According to her syllabus, students will lose one point every time they use the words “illegal alien” or “illegals” rather than the preferred terms of “‘undocumented’ migrants/immigrants/persons.” Throughout the course, Fowler says, students will “come to recognize how white privilege functions in everyday social structures and institutions.”
In an email to Campus Reform, Fowler complained that “the term ‘illegal alien’ has permeated dominant discourses that circulate in the news to the extent that our society has…(read more)
- More Thought Control through Language Control at University (politicaloutcast.com)
- College Professors Threaten Bad Grades for Saying These ‘Hateful’ Words (joemiller.us)
- New Townhall Column: Honor Victims of 20th Century Totalitarianism (thegabriellahoffman.com)
- Taxpayer-Funded Professors Censor Words ‘Female,’ ‘Illegal Alien’ And Make White Students ‘Defer’ (dailycaller.com)
- Journal of Experimental Criminology Study: People Faster to Shoot WHITE Suspects than Black Suspects (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- THEY OUGHT TO BE FIRED: It’s back to school time, and progressive professors at Washington State Uni… (pjmedia.com)
- Anal sex is taking over campuses! Claims HuffPost. Citing exactly one column (dailycaller.com)
- Arizona student journalist bullies Washington State, gets bullied back, whines (dailycaller.com)