OH YES SHE DID: Hillary Intentionally Originated, Distributed Classified MaterialPosted: September 1, 2015
Sean Davis reports: A review of recently released e-mails shows that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeatedly originated and distributed highly classified national security information. Clinton’s classified e-mail missives were not constrained to State Department staff, either. She also sent classified information to Sidney Blumenthal, a former Clinton White House operative banned by the Obama White House.
An analysis by The Federalist of e-mails released by the State Department late Monday shows that scores of e-mails sent by Clinton contained highly confidential national security information from the beginning, even if they weren’t marked by a classification authority until later.
The original date of classification of Hillary’s e-mails can be discerned by noting the declassification dates noted next to redactions in the e-mails. Under a 2009 executive order signed by President Barack Obama, classified material in most circumstances is to be automatically declassified after 10 years. In some instances, that duration may be extended up to 25 years. In certain circumstances, classification authorities may adjust the classification duration based on the nature of the underlying information.
In this July 2010 e-mail, for example, the entirety of Hillary Clinton’s message was redacted prior to its public release under the federal FOIA law. The redactions of the material were provided pursuant to a provision of law protecting national security information. The printed redaction code “1.4(D),” cited next to the redaction and at the top of the document next to the official classification date, pertains to information on “[f]oreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources[.]” At the top of the document, a declassification date of July 1, 2025 is clearly noted:
That declassification date is highly significant because it is precisely 15 years after the date on which the e-mail was sent, rather than the date on which it was marked.
That is because under federal law, information is classified by nature, not by marking. As a result, federal classification authorities deemed that the information was classified the very second it originated, even if it was not marked as such until August 27, 2015. Also worthy of note is the fact that Hillary’s message is the only content in the entire document that is redacted and marked as classified. This means that she was not merely a helpless, passive recipient of classified national security information; she was the originator. And not only did she intentionally originate the classified information, she intentionally disseminated it via an unsecured, unsanctioned private e-mail server….(read more)
- Did State Dept Improperly Declassify Info In Emails To Provide Cover For Hillary? (weaselzippers.us)
- State Department Violates Law In Hillary’s Email Scandal (buzzpo.com)
- Fox News Chief Intelligence Correspondent: Clinton Emails Were Classified Under Executive Order Signed by Obama (joemiller.us)
- The State Department violated one of Obama’s executive orders when it released Clinton’s emails (theweek.com)
- Some Clinton emails newly “Classified” but declassify dates raise questions (dailymail.co.uk)
- Exclusive: State Dept.-released Clinton email had classified intel from 3 agencies, in possible violation of Obama order (foxnews.com)
- Secretary Clinton’s “Marked Classified” Email Deception (speaker.gov)