Hillary Clinton Scandals Quote of the DayPosted: September 3, 2015
Hillary’s Campaign Has Already Begun to Derail
Hillary Clinton’s second race for the presidency is only about a quarter through, but she already seems to be causing general fatigue.
Victor Davis Hanson writes:
…Clinton’s serial meltdowns may bring Vice President Joe Biden into the race. The only other serious Democratic alternative to Clinton at the moment is 73-year-old socialist Bernie Sanders. He is not registered in the party whose nomination he seeks.
“Most of what happened on her watch as secretary of state is better forgotten: the destruction of a self-reliant Iraq, the rise of the Islamic State, chaos in Libya, failed reset with Russia’s Vladimir Putin, disaster in Benghazi, the alienation of Israel and moderate Arab nations, and Iran’s ascendant.”
Clinton’s derailment has given breathing space to Republicans. Otherwise, they would be panicking that erratic showman Donald Trump has hijacked their party and might lead it to a meltdown in 2016.
“Hillary’s latest troubles reflect a quarter-century of Clinton habits that transcend time and space.”
— Victor Davis Hanson
Both parties face crises — though there are more viable Republican alternatives to Trump than there are strong Democratic choices, at least for now. And whereas the upbeat Trump would probably agree with — or even welcome — charges that he is an egomaniac, Clinton would hardly accept the equally common impression that she cannot tell the truth.
Both Bill and Hillary seem to have always believed they should be exempt from the law. Both seem needlessly tawdry in their avarice. Their cover-ups often prove even more damaging than their indiscretions.
Bill was always the far better speaker and political schmoozer than Hillary. And now Hillary is proving — again — that she prefers slandering accusers rather than refuting accusations.
Are Hillary’s first four and a half months of campaigning a glimpse of the next 14? …(read more)
Source: National Review Online
- Joe Biden Talks in Florida, Sounds Like Donald Trump (everyjoe.com)
- Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders: Two Pissed-Off Peas in a Pod (reason.com)
- Bernie Sanders Blasts Donald Trump as ‘an Embarrassment For Our Country’ (unreportedtoday.com)
- Trump Explains Why Black Lives Matter Fascists Don’t Steal His Microphone (moonbattery.com)
- Bernie Sanders: I’m Not Anything Like Trump (drudge.com)
- The Bern and The Donald: almost one and the same (hotair.com)
- Bernie Sanders Basically Agrees With Donald Trump About Big Money In Politics [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- WELL, YES: No rest for the candidates in this summer of discontent. Dissatisfaction and protest … (pjmedia.com)
- Hispanic Advocacy Group Leader Will Call Trump A Racist “By Definition” (dailycaller.com)
- Things That Go Trump in the Night (powerlineblog.com)