Biden: The Ground Game BeginsPosted: September 6, 2015
…The staff moves lend new credibility to the budding effort to convince the vice president to run against former secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the party’s front-runner.
Biden, who is still mourning the loss of his elder son Beau to cancer in May, said Thursday that the most important factor in weighing his decision is whether he and his family “have the emotional energy to run.”
“Some might think that’s not appropriate. Unless I can go to my party and the American people and say I’m able to devote my whole heart and my whole soul to this endeavor, it would not be appropriate,” he added.
The Draft Biden announcement on Friday also came on the same day that news emerged that Clinton’s campaign would spend $4 million in ads in Iowa and New Hampshire over the next two months….(read more)
- Draft Biden super PAC names Eaton state director (wmur.com)
- Joe Biden meets with top Democrat Elizabeth Warren (cbsnews.com)
- Sanders takes 9-point lead over Clinton in New Hampshire – poll (dailymail.co.uk)
- Speed of success surprises Sanders (thegazette.com)
- Chuck Todd: Hillary’s ‘Favorability Numbers Are Dismal’ [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- Renewed Speculation That Joe Biden Will Challenge Hillary Clinton (dailycaller.com)