Gun Sales See Best Summer EverPosted: September 8, 2015
New record: the most checks ever performed in any August since the creation of the National Instant Background Check System.
Stephen Gutowski reports: Gun sales were at an all-time high in June, July, and August, according to one metric.
This August saw 1.7 million background checks performed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives on new gun sales, the most checks ever performed in any August since the creation of the National Instant Background Check System.
“Whenever there is a call for gun control, sales increase. Unfortunately, this is a pattern that repeats itself.”
The agency performed 1.6 million checks in July, the high for that month. They did a further 1.5 million in June, another all-time high.
Background checks are required for all sales made through a federally licensed firearms dealer. The number of background checks performed in a month is often used to gauge…(read more)
- NO LONGER A SHOCK: As Americans Bought 170 Million Guns, Violent Crime Fell 51% (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Feds Want Evidence They Let Mexican Drug Cartels Buy Guns Kept Quiet (peoplestrusttoronto.wordpress.com)
- Gun Production Has Doubled Under Obama (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- The ATF is awfully interested in racial profiling all of a sudden (hotair.com)
- A Statement From Steve Urvan, CEO And Founder Of GunBroker.com (dailycaller.com)
- Oops! Barack Obama Has Likely Given a $9 Billion Boost to the Gun Industry (At Least) (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- The Virginia Shooter Passed a Background Check (nationalreview.com)