You Call That an iPad? That’s Not an iPad. THIS is an iPadPosted: September 9, 2015
Apple Announces iPad Pro With New Larger Screen
Victor Luckerson reports: Apple announced a new big-screen iPad at an event in San Francisco, Calif. Wednesday. The new iPad, the iPad Pro, will have a 12.9-inch screen with a 2732 X 2048 resolution.
The long-rumored tablet will be the most powerful iOS device ever released, Apple marketing exec Phil Schiller said at the event. The iPad Pro’s A9X chip will be 1.8 times faster than the A8X in the iPad Air 2. The device will also have a 10-hour battery life and a four-speaker audio system for improved sound performance. The iPad Pro is 6.9 mm thick, just a bit thicker than the iPad Air’s 6.1 mm, and also features an 8 megapixel camera.
The cheapest model the iPad Pro will cost $799 and have 32 GB of storage. A 128GB version will cost $949, and a 128GB version with LTE capability will cost $1,079.
The company is also building a set of iPad Pro-specific accessories, including a keyboard that will allow for faster typing than pecking at the device’s touch screen (costing $169) and a stylus called Apple Pencil (costing $99). The new tablet will be able to make use of many of the new features in iOS 9, such as split-screen view and multi-tasking, which…(read more)
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro, the biggest iPad yet (polygon.com)
- Apple unveils the iPad Pro (theverge.com)
- Apple’s new iPad 2 Pro is an expansive 12.9 inches (arstechnica.com)
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro, with keyboard and stylus – and Microsoft is first on stage to tout it (geekwire.com)
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus price: 16GB storage means cost will be the same as iPhone 6 (telegraph.co.uk)
- Apple Unveils New Apple TV with Siri, iPad Pro, New iPad Mini, New Apple Watch Finishes, Bands (blogs.barrons.com)