Reality Distortion Field Headline of the DayPosted: September 10, 2015
Brock, the former right-wing journalist-turned-pro-Clinton crusader, takes aim at a top New York Times editor in a soon-to-be released book obtained by POLITICO. In the book, titled “Killing the Messenger: The Right-Wing Plot to Derail Hillary Clinton and Hijack Your Government,” Brock accuses senior politics editor and former Washington bureau chief Carolyn Ryan of helping to turn the paper into a “megaphone for conservative propaganda” by unfairly targeting former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The founder of liberal watchdog groups Media Matters and Correct the Record casts Bill and Hillary Clinton, whom he tormented in the 1990s as a reporter with the American Spectator, as personal and political angels who offered him access to some of the Democratic Party’s biggest donors.
But he uses the book as a platform to attack the Times — whose editorial board endorsed Clinton over Barack Obama in 2008 — over its approach towards the Clintons from the Whitewater investigations of the 1990s to the current coverage of Hillary Clinton’s private email server.
“As it concerns Clinton coverage, the Times will have a special place in hell,” he writes, claiming that interviews with current Times employees prove his case.
The 52-year-old Brock singles out Ryan, who directs the Times’ political coverage, for refusing to publish in full a Clinton spokesman’s response to the paper’s March scoop detailing Clinton’s use of a “homebrew” email server instead of her official State Department email account….(read more)
- A top Hillary Clinton ally once forwarded her a bizarre plan about impeaching Justice Clarence Thomas (businessinsider.com)
- Media Matters’ David Brock: ‘Special Place in Hell’ for New York Times (mediaite.com)
- Hillary Received Plan to Impeach Clarence Thomas (teaparty.org)
- David Brock: The New York Times is “a megaphone for conservative propaganda” (hotair.com)
- Media Matters Founder David Brock Reserves ‘Special Place in Hell’ for New York Times (thewrap.com)
- Hillary Received Memo From David Brock About How to Impeach Clarence Thomas (alipac.us)
- David Brock to NYT Hie Thee To Hell Foul Demons! (nationalreview.com)