Woah, Hold On There, Buddy: No indication that Clinton’s E-Mail Server was ‘Wiped’?Posted: September 12, 2015
report: The company that managed Hillary Rodham Clinton’s private e-mail server said it has “no knowledge of the server being wiped,” the strongest indication to date that tens of thousands of e-mails that Clinton has said were deleted could be recovered.
“Platte River has no knowledge of the server being wiped. All the information we have is that the server wasn’t wiped.”
Clinton and her advisers have said for months that she deleted her personal correspondence from her time as secretary of state, creating the impression that 31,000 e-mails were gone forever. There is a distinction between e-mails being deleted and a server being wiped. If e-mails are deleted or moved from a server, they appear to no longer exist on the device. But experts say, depending on the condition of the server, underlying data can remain on the device and the e-mails can often be restored.
“There is a distinction between e-mails being deleted and a server being wiped. If e-mails are deleted or moved from a server, they appear to no longer exist on the device. But experts say, depending on the condition of the server, underlying data can remain on the device and the e-mails can often be restored.”
“Platte River has no knowledge of the server being wiped,” company spokesman Andy Boian told The Washington Post. “All the information we have is that the server wasn’t wiped.”
Clinton and her staff have avoided directly answering whether the server was ever wiped.
In a memorable exchange at a campaign event in Las Vegas last month, Clinton turned aside a question about whether the server had been wiped with a joke: “Like what, with a cloth?” she said, adding, “I don’t know how it works digitally at all.”
Campaign spokesman Brian Fallon gave a similar answer this month, telling CNN: “I don’t know what wiped means. Literally the e-mails were deleted off of the server, that’s true.”
The server Clinton used as secretary of state was stored at her home in Chappaqua, N.Y., and was shared with her husband, former president Bill Clinton, and his staff. The device was managed during that time by a State Department staffer who was paid personally by the Clintons for his work on their private system…(read more)
Source: The Washington Post
- The secret life of Bryan Pagliano (westernfreepress.com)
- Clintons paid for server’s upkeep (arkansasonline.com)
- Hillary Clinton Used Private Server to Write and Send E-mails Now Considered Classified (blackchristiannews.com)
- FBI Looking Into the Security of Hillary Clinton’s Private E-Mail Setup (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- From Obama’s scandal mgmt playbook (powerlineblog.com)
- WaPo’s Carol Leonnig Wins Pulitzer For Secret Service Coverage (dailycaller.com)
- Says He’ll Invoke Fifth: Staffer Who Worked on Clinton’s Private E-Mail Server Faces Subpoena (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Politico: State Dept consulted Hillary’s office on ethics reviews of Bill Clinton speeches (hotair.com)
- Bill Clinton: Hey, no one’s proven we’re corrupt, right? (hotair.com)