Danish Girl Jailed for Murdering Her Mother After Watching ISIS Beheading Videos OnlinePosted: September 16, 2015
Lisa Borch watched videos showing the murder of British hostages David Haines and Alan Henning minutes before her mother was stabbed to death.
A Danish teenage girl has been sentenced to nine years in jail for murdering her mother in what appears to be an ISIS-inspired killing.
“This murder was cold blooded, ice cold and committed in a bestial manner.”
The Independent reports that just minutes before the fatal assault occurred in October of last year, 15-year-old Lisa Borch had spent hours watching ISIS videos of the decapitations of the two British hostages, David Haines and Alan Henning.
A Danish court heard that the teen planned to join ISIS in Syria with her Iraqi boyfriend, Bakhtiar Mohammed Abdulla, 29. His fingerprints were also found at the scene of the crime and he has been sentenced to 13 years.
Borch originally met Abdulla at a refugee center near her home, the Independent says.
“This murder was cold blooded, ice cold and committed in a bestial manner,” the prosecution told the court.
The court could not determine which of the pair delivered the fatal stab wounds, and both were found guilty of the murder….(read more)
- Teen convicted of murdering her mother after watching ISIS beheading videos (dailydot.com)
- Government fails to force Pat Finucane family to pay legal costs (theguardian.com)
- Elementary School Coping With Child’s Murder (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- More anti-IS airstrikes could target terrorist ‘kill list’ (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Farron: Enough is enough. It’s time to help refugees in need in response to Independent’s heartbreaking photo of a little dead Syrian boy (libdemvoice.org)
- Danish girl kills her mother after watching ISIS beheading videos (newsghana.com.gh)
- Teen Stabs Her Mom to Death After Watching Hours of ISIS Videos (complex.com)
- Sep. 1, Establishment of the United Arab Republic which encompasses Syria, Egypt and Libya (sana.sy)