Carly Fiorina’s Planned Parenthood Debate Comments Spark Predictable Backlash from Media’s Loyal Abortion DefendersPosted: September 17, 2015 | |
Abortion defenders attack Fiorina for her comments about Center for Medical Progress videos.
Ian Tuttle writes:
…according to Politico, Hillary Clinton is likely to make Republicans’ opposition to Planned Parenthood a staple of her campaign: “What will matter for the Republicans a year from now is that each candidate stood on the stage and said they would defund Planned Parenthood,” Clinton’s communications director, Jennifer Palmieri, told the outlet, “[and] would even favor shutting down the government in order to defund Planned Parenthood. That is what’s going to stand out from this debate, and that’s what is going to matter a year from now.”
Today was the day we learned that some number approaching zero of reporters have actually watched the @ppact videos.
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) September 17, 2015
Good. It should stand out. Fiorina delivered a powerful statement that highlighted — perhaps for people who had never given it a thought — the spirit of barbarism that animates an organization that receives taxpayer dollars. Perhaps that is something unwitting Americans ought to think about.
Let’s have this fight. It’s long past time that Planned Parenthood’s unchallenged status as the sine qua non of women’s health care be challenged. Why not talk about how Planned Parenthood, despite its vague “women’s health” rhetoric, does not provide services such as mammograms?
Weird how everyone calling Fiorina a liar aren’t posting the PP video to prove it. https://t.co/DfxQnxWUPw
— John Nolte (@NolteNC) September 17, 2015
Why not give Planned Parenthood’s $528 million subsidy to the 9,000 local Community Health Centers that provide women with a wider range of services (such as mammograms), that are more responsive to local health needs, and that don’t provide abortions? Secretary Clinton: Why not?
The majority of voters support a national 20-week abortion ban, and more women support the ban than men. The official abortion plank of the Democratic platform is opposed by 86 percent of voters….(read more)
Source: National Review Online
- Democrat Calls Abortion Provider Planned Parenthood ‘One Of The Finest Organizations In The Country’ (downtrend.com)
- Center for Medical Progress responds to Democrat memo defending Planned Parenthood (liveactionnews.org)
- House Chairman: Planned Parenthood Probe Protects Taxpayers (1011now.com)
- Editorial: Planned Parenthood should have to explain itself before Congress (mrt.com)
- Pro-abortion bias? Politico replaces ‘pro-life’ with ‘anti-abortion rights’ (trevorloudon.com)
- Mitch McConnell: Defunding Planned Parenthood Is “Exercise in Futility” (teaparty.org)