UPDATE: Clock Prankster Quits Texas SchoolPosted: September 22, 2015
The family of a Muslim teenager arrested after ‘homemade’ clock incident has withdrawn him from the Texas school.
Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed El-Hassan Mohamed, said he had pulled all his children from schools in the area.
According to Mr Mohamed the arrest had a harmful effect on the teen.
Ahmed’s arrest has been sharply criticised and the charges against him were quickly dropped.
Ahmed Mohamed ‘Homemade’ Hoax Exposed
“Ahmed said: ‘I don’t want to go to MacArthur,'” Mr Mohamed told The Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. “These kids aren’t going to be happy there.”
Ahmed has received numerous enrolment offers from schools, his father said, adding that he wanted to give him a break before making a decision.
[More – Mark Zuckerberg falls for clock hoax]
The entire family is set to fly to New York on Wednesday where United Nations dignitaries want to meet Ahmed.
After that, Mr Mohamed hopes to take his son on a pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
“I ask Allah to bless this time. After that, we’ll see,” Mohamed said.
When they return, they plan to visit the White House to meet US President Barack Obama, he said….(read more)
Source: BBC News
- Obama to arrested teen: Your clock is pretty ‘cool’ (politico.com)
- President Obama praises Muslim teen – and his clock (ohio.com)
- 14-Year-Old Whiz Made a Clock, Got Busted for ‘Bomb’ (mega949.com)
- Mark Zuckerberg wants 14-year-old creator Ahmed Mohamed to visit Facebook (businessinsider.com)
- Obama Praises Arrested Teen Clockmaker for ‘Making America Great’ (teaparty.org)