Ben Carson Uses Empowerment Message in Bid to Sway Black VotersPosted: September 30, 2015
“The Democrat Party, of course, is the party of the KKK. Of Jim Crow laws. And perhaps just as bad right now, of servitude. ‘Now you do this, and we’ll take care of you, pat you on the head, take care of all your needs.’ Which keeps people believing that’s what they actually need.”
Speaking to a small group of black leaders and activists last week, the retired neurosurgeon, who is surging in polling in the Republican presidential race, said he believes black Americans bring more power through the size of their bank account than by putting their “fist in the air.”
Mr. Carson said he generally shies away from focusing on race: “I say that’s because I’m a neurosurgeon, because everyone’s brain looks the same and it works the same way.”
But he said black voters should step beyond their allegiance to the Democratic Party.
“The Democrat Party, of course, is the party of the KKK. Of Jim Crow laws. And perhaps just as bad right now, of servitude. ‘Now you do this, and we’ll take care of you, pat you on the head, take care of all your needs.’ Which keeps people believing that’s what they actually need,” Mr. Carson told the small group.
Mr. Carson said he is an admirer of the late A.G. Gaston, a businessman in Birmingham, Alabama, who made millions of dollars that he used to help fund the civil rights movement. Gaston said his influence stemmed from his economic power.
“I think he has a very good point. It’s something that black America needs to understand,” Mr. Carson said. “Jewish America understands it. Korean America understands it. Black America, if they could understand it, they could blow everybody else out of the water.”
Michael Tyler, the Democratic National Committee’s director of African American media, countered…(read more)
Source: Washington Times
- GLAAD bullies slammed for campaign of lies against ‘Duck Dynasty’ star (glendalecherrycreekchronicle.com)
- Democrats are Still the Party of “Jim Crow” – Only their methods have changed (patriotupdate.com)
- Biden: Blacks Suffering Under Obama Economy (teaparty.org)
- The ‘Negro Removal Act’ and Other Evil Progressive Regulations that Have Hurt Blacks (stateofglobe.com)
- Illegal Alien Journalist: U.S. Immigration Laws Are Akin To Jim Crow… (weaselzippers.us)
- Today in History: The Emancipation Proclamation (studentsforliberty.org)
- New Agreement Keeps Civil-War-era House Open To The Public (baltimore.cbslocal.com)