‘Clock Boy’ Family Circus Pulling Up the Tent: Ahmed Mohamed Will Move to QatarPosted: October 20, 2015
Avi Selk reports: After finally meeting President Obama last night, Ahmed Mohamed and his family plan to leave the United States for the foreseeable future.
“We are going to move to a place where my kids can study and learn and all of them being accepted by that country.”
— Ahmed’s father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed
Schools from across the country have made offers to Ahmed since he was arrested at Irving’s MacArthur High last month—his homemade clock confused with a hoax bomb, transforming him into a symbol of perceived anti-Muslim bias.
The family’s full statement follows:
But apparently it was an offer from the Middle East that most intrigued the family. The Mohameds announced today that they’ve accepted a foundation’s offer to pay for the 14-year-old’s high school and college in Doha, Qatar, which Ahmed visited a few weeks ago as he began a world tour.
“Looking at all the great offers we’ve had, it’s the best decision. They even have Texas A&M at Qatar … It’s basically like America.”
“Looking at all the great offers we’ve had, it’s the best decision,” said Eyman, 18. “They even have Texas A&M at Qatar … It’s basically like America.”
She spoke as the family boarded an airplane from Washington, where Ahmed concluded his world tour at the White House this week, back to their smallish house in Irving.
But they’ll only be here for a few days, Eyman said, before they jet off to a new life on the other side of the world.
Not that their story in the United States is done. Before leaving Washington, Ahmed appeared with a U.S. Congressman who, along with nearly 30 other members of congress, have asked the federal government to investigate whether anti-Muslim discrmination prompted Ahmed’s arrest.
Meanwhile, Ahmed has become a villain—dubbed “Clock Boy”—on right wing websites that claim the family has Islamist ties and plotted his celebrity. There’s been zero evidence shown for those conspiracy theories, though Ahmed probably didn’t help his optics by meeting last week with Omar al-Bashir, dictator of the country he was born in and an accused war criminal….(read more)
Source: Dallas Morning News
- Sharia in action in Sudan: Woman faces flogging for uncovered hair (jihadwatch.org)
- Egyptian Official Provides Ties Between Muslim Brotherhood And Obama’s Brother (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Sudan: Government helping Muslim businessmen seize church property (jihadwatch.org)
- UPDATE: Clock Prankster Quits Texas School (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- AUSTIN BAY: Time for Obama and Ambassador Power to Account for Their Darfur Failure…. (pjmedia.com)
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS (hotair.com)
- Nurse Under Ebola Quarantine: Our Treatment Is Inhumane (dailycaller.com)