Orange County, California: Man Dressed As Batman Accused Of Committing Crime SpreePosted: October 27, 2015
The masked man tried to evade police by hiding in plain sight at a pool in his boxers, without taking off his Batman costume, police said.
WESTMINSTER (CBSLA.com) — A man who dressed as Batman is behind bars after committing a crime spree in Orange County on Monday, according to police.
The suspect, believed to be in his 20s, robbed a victim of jewelry about 8:30 a.m. at Bolsa Avenue and Ward Street in Garden Grove, said Officer Rachel Archambault of the Westminster Police Department.
About 20 minutes later and two miles away near Bolsa Avenue and Purdy Street in Westminster, the masked man targeted a second victim at gunpoint, Archambault said.
Phouc Lee said the bandit demanded money when he fought him off.
“I was trying to chase the suspect down. The officer is right there. I tried to wave him down,” Lee said. He chased the masked man into an apartment complex, which was surrounded by officers from Westminster, Fountain Valley and Garden Grove.
About two and a half hours later, with help from Orange County sheriff’s deputies in a helicopter and their canines, officers caught the man lying in the pool area alone in his underwear.
Police said the suspect was trying to blend in as…(read more)
Source: CBS Los Angeles
- Garden Grove woman found dead in vehicle near Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley (ocregister.com)
- 26-year-old man sought on suspicion of murder at Algiers apartment complex (wdsu.com)
- Two charged with burglary (kimt.com)
- Garden Grove police officer helps out homeless community (abc7.com)
- $3 and falling: Gas prices continue to drop as summer demand ebbs (ocregister.com)
- shooting death in my neighborhood (groupthink.kinja.com)
- Two people shot outside Montbello apartment complex (kdvr.com)