[VIDEO] Joe Scarborough Silences Morning Joe Panel: ‘Name One Republican In Prominent Mainstream Media Position’Posted: November 2, 2015
David Rutz reports: Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough assailed mainstream liberal media bias Monday, leading a lengthy discussion about the far-reaching influence of Democrats in television media and challenging his panel to name any Republicans who’d held such positions.
“Somehow, if you’re George Stephanopoulos, it’s ok because you’re a Democrat. If you’re Tim Russert, it’s ok. All I am saying is, you cannot do it. Name the single Republican that has hosted a Sunday show, that has been an anchor of a news network for the big three networks over the past 50 years. You cannot do it.”
His fellow MSNBC panelists could offer only sporadic examples, one of whom was deceased.
Scarborough remarked legendary anchor Walter Cronkite and the late Meet the Press host Tim Russert were liberals, yet they were considered “objective.” No Republicans, he said, were ever allowed to hold such esteemed places in the mainstream press by left-leaning network heads.
“Outside of Brit Hume, who has been a conservative in the mainstream media in the past 30 years who you’ve worked for? Outside of Brit Hume, who has held a powerful position at ABC, NBC or CBS News on the air?”
“When you say objective, we Republicans have been forced to define objective as people who were objective Democratic voters,” Scarborough said. “Outside of Brit Hume, who has been a conservative in the mainstream media in the past 30 years who you’ve worked for? Outside of Brit Hume, who has held a powerful position at ABC, NBC or CBS News on the air?”
Scarborough explained he was trying to show liberals the problem conservatives have dealt with for years in the mainstream press, naming as an example George Stephanopoulos, the former Clinton White House flack who now anchors Good Morning America and This Week for ABC. To Scarborough’s point, Chuck Todd of NBC’s Meet the Press once worked for Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa.) and John Dickerson of CBS’ Face the Nation writes a column for the left-leaning Slate.com….(read more)
Source: Washington Free Beacon
- ‘Morning Joe’ Panel: The Whole ‘Obama’s a Muslim’ Thing Was Started by Hillary Clinton in 2008 (ijreview.com)
- Watch These MSNBC Hosts Throw an On-Air Tantrum About Hillary Clinton (deneenborelli.com)
- Scarborough Warns GOP: Grow Some ‘Balls’ or You’ll End Up Like Walker (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC Hosts Admit Obama Muslim Rumors Started With HILLARY’S 2008 CAMPAIGN (progressivestoday.com)
- Awkward Truth About Obama-Muslim Rumors: ‘It All Started With’ Hillary Clinton (dailysurge.com)
- MSNBC Hosts Say Obama-Muslim Rumors ‘All Started’ With Hillary: ‘We’re Just Telling the Truth, Sorry’ (conservativevideos.com)
- ‘Morning Joe’ reminds Hillary started Muslim rumors (mobile.wnd.com)