[VIDEO] OH YES SHE DID: MSNBC Panelist L. Joy Williams Calls Ben Carson a ‘Safe Negro’Posted: November 3, 2015 | |
Political strategists L. Joy Williams and O’Brien Murray were discussing the massive appeal Carson has over the GOP primary electorate. According to Real Clear Politics, the neurosurgeon is in a statistical tie for first place nationally with Donald Trump.
Watch the clip below:
Murray credited his popularity with his speech at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast criticizing Obamacare.
“It was his attack of Obama, and frankly a black man attacking a black president, which is something people get away. Remember he stood in front of the president and he made his bona fides originally attacking the president face-to-face, at a prayer breakfast, mind you.”
— O’Brien Murray
Williams added that many white conservatives are afraid to criticize Obama because of the race issue, so they found a champion in Carson’s comments.
Williams said people support Carson because they think, “oh, there’s another black man commenting negatively against the president. I don’t feel comfortable doing so because of the race factor, so here’s someone that can do it.”
“Not at all,” Murray said, cutting Williams off….(read more)
Source: Red Alert Politics
- O’Malley: Lots of ‘Bigoted,’ ‘Racist Rhetoric’ Coming from GOP Candidates (mediaite.com)
- Morning Joe panel attacks Hillary Clinton for starting rumor that Obama is a Muslim (redalertpolitics.com)
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Tells Bill Maher: We “Nailed” Trump (deadline.com)
- MSNBC Correspondent: Photo Of Trump Making Hitler-Like Gesture ‘Says Everything’ (dailycaller.com)
- The inevitable “Trump raped his wife” story (hotair.com)
- TOP DEMOCRAT OPERATIVES WITH BYLINES AND MEXICAN DRUG LORDS AGREE: Donald Trump really should shut u… (pjmedia.com)
- Sharpton: The voters really rejected Hillary, not Obama (hotair.com)