Leaked Images Claim to Show iPhone SE Display, Confirm Lack of 3D Touch SupportPosted: February 27, 2016
Chance Miller reports: Earlier this week we shared drawings of Apple’s upcoming 4-inch device and reported that Apple plans to call the device the iPhone SE. Now, French site NowhereElse has shared images that claim to show the front display portion of the upcoming device. We’ve long reported that the iPhone SE won’t feature support for 3D Touch, and these images corroborate that.
3D Touch, a flagship feature of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, works by taking advantage of a pair of capacitive touch sensors beneath the display. As you can see in the image above, which shows the iPhone SE next to the iPhone 6s, the smaller device lacks the sensors necessary to support 3D Touch.
Other than the lack of 3D Touch, the leaked images don’t appear to show too much about the iPhone SE. 3D Touch was one of the features highlighted the most when Apple announced the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus last year. The company also touted Live Photos, a feature that the smaller iPhone SE is expected to offer.
Our own Mark Gurman shared design drawings of Apple’s rumored iPhone SE earlier this week. The images show…(read more)
- Apple’s 4-inch phone may come with an A9 processor (pcauthority.com.au)
- New wine in old bottle?: Apple Plans 6 In a 5S Case (technologyvista.com)
- iPhone 5se not expected to come in “hot pink” (technobuffalo.com)
- Broken iPhone screen? Apple has new upgrade and protection plans for them (nerdragenews.com)
- Apple begins rolling out screen protector installation program to Japan retail stores (9to5mac.com)
- Report: Apple will reveal new 4-inch iPhone, iPad Air 3 on March 15 (mashable.com)