A Pleasant Weekend in the Hamptons, InterruptedPosted: August 17, 2016 | |
The Klu Klux Klan is coming to the Hamptons.
Jamie Schram reports. The hate group — which says it has some 2,500 members on Long Island — is planning to disrupt a Black Lives Matter rally scheduled for noon Sunday at the traffic circle near Village Hall in Westhampton Beach, according to Patch.com.
“I would like to invite them to the rally. I honestly don’t believe they’re going to show up. I hope they come out of hiding.”
— Gary Monker, the Exalted Cyclops Chief Officer of the KKK’s New York chapter
Gary Monker, the Exalted Cyclops Chief Officer of the KKK’s New York chapter, told Patch on Tuesday that Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers group aren’t who they say they are.
“As for drugs and rape, those are all separate issues in everyone’s community, including the white community so that’s irrelevant…Everything he’s saying is ignorant.”
— Gary Monker
“[They are] a contradiction,” Monker told Patch. “They always say they have peaceful protests but nothing is ever peaceful. They rape, pilfer, loot. They’re rioting and using this as an excuse to do wrong. It’s not right.”
Black Lives Matter officials argued that their rallies are always peaceful.
“[There has been] absolutely no violence. Where is he getting his information?,” Black Lives Matter organizer Vanessa Vascez-Corleone told Patch.
Vascez-Corleone said the KKK was welcome to show up — if they have the guts.
“I would like to invite them to the rally. I honestly don’t believe they’re going to show up. I hope they come out of hiding,” she told Patch.
“As for drugs and rape, those are all separate issues in everyone’s community, including the white community so that’s irrelevant,” she said, adding: “Everything he’s saying is ignorant…(read more)
Source: New York Post
- Larry Wilmore’s Show Is A Victim Of Its Own Partisanship (thefederalist.com)
- Donald Trump Waves Anti-Semitic Graphic Tweeted by David Duke (dokmz.wordpress.com)
- Area Republican officials still backing Trump (chronicle.augusta.com)
- Scots photographer fears worst if ‘dangerous’ Trump is president (scotsman.com)
- William Weld’s Troubling Praise for Supreme Court ‘Idol’ Hugo Black (reason.com)
- QUESTION: How Will YOU Combat Aggressive Liberal BIGOTRY? (clashdaily.com)
- Long Island Residents Upset After Finding KKK Fliers (newyork.cbslocal.com)