Vladimir Putin Honors Critical Russian Journalist’s Birthday with a Celebratory Gunshot Wound to Journalists’s HeadPosted: August 29, 2016
Alexander Shchetinin found dead with a gun near his body after friends tried to visit him at home.
The body of Alexander Shchetinin, founder the Novy Region (New Region) press agency, was found at his flat after friends tried to visit him on his birthday.
A police spokesperson said Kiev forces were alerted of Ms Shchetinin’s death at around midnight on Saturday. He is believed to have died a few hours earlier, between 8 and 9.30pm.
Officials have speculated that his death was caused by suicide, after a gun was found near his body along with spent cartridges, and the door to his apartment was said to be locked.
Local news source Kyiv Operatyvni reported: “Alexander was sitting on a chair, with a gunshot wound to his head, the gun was lying under the chair. According to credible sources, the case has been classified as suicide, as Alexander sent an email to one of his loved ones where he said…(read more)
Source: The Independent
- Journalist Critical Of Putin Found Dead On His Birthday (dailycaller.com)
- Russian journalist critical of Vladimir Putin found dead on his birthday (msn.com)
- Ukraine irreversibly embarks on path towards European and Euro-Atlantic integration – Poroshenko (en.interfax.com.ua)
- Police Suspect Suicide In Death Of Kyiv-Based Russian Journalist (rferl.org)
- Ex-Soviet leader Gorbachev says Crimea is not West’s concern (tass.com)
- Russian journalist critical of Vladimir Putin found dead on his birthday (independent.co.uk)