Secretary of State John Kerry Wants Media to Hide Terror Attacks From Public; Wishes Terrorism Would Just Go AwayPosted: August 31, 2016
Terrorism doesn’t go away if you ignore it, it expands.
Katie Pavlich reports: Speaking from Bangladesh Tuesday morning, Secretary of State John Kerry suggested members of the media stop covering (Islamic) terrorism so people won’t “know what’s going on.” Kerry attempted to preempt his statement by implying media coverage creates copy cats and promotes more terrorism.
“If you decide one day you’re going to be a terrorist and you’re willing to kill yourself, you can go out and kill some people. You can make some noise…perhaps the media would do us all a service if they didn’t cover it quite as much. People wouldn’t know what’s going on.”
While the copy cat, attention seeker argument may be true in a handful of cases, the media ignoring terrorism as the Obama administration has arguably chosen to do for nearly a decade, isn’t going to make terrorism go away.
For example, the administration downplayed the ISIS threat by claiming they were “jayvee” and demanded intelligence reports be altered to paint a better picture of the increasingly dangerous situation around the world and in the United States. And who could forget the Justice Department changing Allah to “God” and censoring pledges to ISIS with “[omitted]” in the transcripts of the Orlando terrorist’s 911 call?…(read more)
- Buhari: Those Who Kill People and Shout ‘Allah is Great’ are Mentally Unbalanced (nigerianbulletin.com)
- Pastor Robert Jeffress slams Joe Biden’s terrorism statements as ‘absolutely ridiculous’ (christiantoday.com)
- Move along, nothing to see here (varight.com)
- Giuliani, backing Trump, appears to forget 9/11 (rep-am.com)
- Mississippi Man Sentenced to Prison After Trying to Join ISIS (freebeacon.com)
- DAVE NEESE: Ignoring the obvious about terrorism (trentonian.com)
- The Islamic State responds to Pope Francis: “We are making a religious war, and we hate you (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- Muslims who shout Allah is great before killing innocent people are mad – Buhari (dailypost.ng)