BREAKING: Disgraced FBI Director James Comey Gets Defensive About Timing of Clinton Investigation Labor Day Document DumpPosted: September 7, 2016
FBI Director James Comey is defending the bureau’s Friday afternoon release of documents from the Hillary Clinton email investigation, saying “we don’t play games” and that the documents were put out when ready.
We don’t play games. So we released it Friday. We are continuing to process more material and will release batches of documents as they are ready, no matter the day of the week,” Comey said.
He concluded the memo by writing, “Those suggesting that we are ‘political’ or part of some ‘fix’ either don’t know us, or they are full of baloney (and maybe some of both).
On Tuesday, Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan criticized the FBI’s handling of the matter, accusing the bureau of playing politics with the release.
“It’s like the most buried time you could ever put out a story. I’m surprised. I can’t believe that they would do what is such a patently political move. It makes them look like political operators versus law enforcement officers,” Ryan said in a radio interview with WRJN‘s Glenn Klein….(read more)
- Hillary Clinton: FBI releases documents related to its email investigation – Wakamag (wakamag.com)
- There is No Quid Pro Quo at CGI -updated with Washington Post story 8-26-16 (alexandraottaway.com)
- Comey says FBI wants ‘adult conversation’ on encryption of device (newsok.com)
- FBI shreds credibility with Hillary Clinton document dump before holiday weekend; NYTs wonders why Americans love WikiLeaks (grumpyelder.com)
- First on CNN: FBI director defends Clinton email probe, document releases (gantdaily.com)
- For Congress, too much to do in too little time (heraldtribune.com)
- Hillary Clinton’s email headache may be about to get even bigger EMILY CAHN (ruthfullyyours.com)
- 66 days: What Clinton told the FBI about emails (bizjournals.com)