FULL-SCALE NON-STOP GLOBAL PANIC: Freaked Democrats Lash Out at MediaPosted: September 15, 2016
Hillary Clinton cannot seem to seal the deal with voters, and the left is lashing out at the media in frustration.
Noah Rothmans writes: For months, frustrated liberals have bemoaned the fact that Donald Trump receives any fair coverage at all. His xenophobic policies and racially toxic rhetoric, they contend, render him beyond the pale. To “normalize” him as though he were just another politician is irresponsible, and the press should not be giving him equal footing with a more responsible candidate like Clinton.
This view has recently received traction among liberal commentators and mainstream Democrats as it becomes ever clearer that Hillary Clinton’s post-convention halo is gone. Worse, Donald Trump continues to be mired in scandal, alleged misconduct, and potential fraud, and yet none of it seems to be affectinghis polling.
“He is playing you guys like a Stradivarius. Dominating news instead of Newsweek story, Trump Foundation. Pathetic.”
— the Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza
Instead, superficial matters like the health of both candidates—propelled along by absurd displays like Trump’s apperance with celebrity physician Dr. Oz—are sucking up all the oxygen. These have been the prevailing conditions since Donald Trump entered the political fray, but only when Clinton became vulnerable did they become intolerable.
“He is playing you guys like a Stradivarius. Dominating news instead of Newsweek story, Trump Foundation,” perennial Republican critic Norman Ornstein barked at the Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza. “Pathetic.”
“[Y]ou can ask any question about Trump, Trumpism or anti-Trumpism except the existential ones,” wrote newly minted GQ pundit Keith Olbermann, “because the existential ones could lead him to stop calling in to your morning show and providing you with your highest-rated hour for free.”
Even President Barack Obama has become a media critic. “We cannot afford suddenly to treat this like a reality show,” Obama said, lambasting the press for covering the 2016 campaign as though both candidates were acceptable alternatives. “We can’t afford to act as if there’s some equivalence here.”
The most confirming evidence indicative of Democratic panic is, as COMMENTARY’s John Podhoretz noted in this week’s podcast, the absurd backlash directed at NBC’s Matt Lauer over his performance as moderator of a recent town hall. A variety of members of the press were incensed over the fact that Trump issued unfounded pronouncements, made a variety of untenable assertions, and boldly fibbed about his record, all to the sound of Lauer’s silence. If this sounds familiar, it should. Just as….(read more)
- Update on: Campaign 2016 updates: Hillary Clinton expresses ‘regret’ for calling half of Donald Trump supporters ‘deplorables’ (latimes.com)
- Keith Olbermann Turns the Tables on Cancer Survivor Giuliani’s Hillary Health Scare Talk (alternet.org)
- Donald Trump inches ahead of Hillary Clinton in new national poll (c3headlines.typepad.com)
- Politics (keithburgess-jackson.typepad.com)
- What Presidential Candidates Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton Think About The Environment (wbur.org)
- Hillary Clinton walks back comments slamming Donald Trump backers as ‘irredeemable’ (conservativeangle.com)
- Hillary Clinton continues to outpace Donald Trump in ad spending (onenewspage.us)
- Hillary Clinton: “Trump Supporters” are a “Basket of Deplorables” (dcclothesline.com)
- Trump has connected with Evangelical Christians, a natural support base (birdflu666.wordpress.com)