OH YES THEY DID: Email Shows Federal Immigration Bosses in Overtime Push to Swear in New Citizens ‘Due to Election’Posted: September 22, 2016
Parts of the email were redacted before it was disclosed, but it was sent by the branch chief of the Houston Field Office District 17.
Malia Zimmerman reports: An internal Obama administration email shows immigration officials may be literally working overtime to swear in as many new “citizen voters” as possible before the Nov. 8 presidential election, a powerful lawmaker charged Thursday.
“The Field Office due to the election year needs to process as many of their N-400 cases as possible between now and FY 2016.”
The email, from a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services field office chief and part of a chain of correspondence within the agency, urges the unnamed recipient to swear in as many citizens as possible “due to the election year.”
“If you have cases in this category or other pending, you are encouraged to take advantage of the OT if you can.”
“The Field Office due to the election year needs to process as many of their N-400 cases as possible between now and FY 2016,” reads the email, which was disclosed to FoxNews.com by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., who chairs the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
“If you have cases in this category or other pending, you are encouraged to take advantage of the OT if you can,” the email continues. “This will be an opportunity to move your pending naturalization cases. If you have not volunteered for OT, please consider and let me know if you are interested.”
Parts of the email were redacted before it was disclosed to FoxNews.com, but it was sent by the branch chief of the Houston Field Office District 17. It was not clear to whom it was addressed.
“I couldn’t have said it better!” reads the July 21 note introducing the forwarded missive…(read more)
Source: Fox News
- Johnson Wants Answers from VA after Army Veteran’s Suicide (wdio.com)
- Sen. Ron Johnson seeks answers from VA in veteran’s death (host.madison.com)
- Send Senator Johnson a Thank You Letter – VapeSling (vapesling.com)
- L-1 Visa Asks For Comprehensive Details Of Previous Employers (visa-consultancy.com)
- Obama Administration Spends Another $10 Million to Register New Immigrant Voters (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Sen. Ron Johnson to host roundtable on opioid overdose epidemic in Milwaukee (fox6now.com)