UPDATE: Rifle Recovered at the Scene of the #CascadeMallshooting, Suspect Still At largePosted: September 24, 2016
UPDATE 8:32 a.m. (PT): Authorities say they have recovered a rifle at the scene of the Cascade Mall shooting. The suspect is still at large, and a manhunt is underway. At this time, police do not have a name or positive identification on the suspect. Early descriptions based on witness accounts described the suspect as “Hispanic”; however, the race of the suspected gunman has not been confirmed by authorities.
Police say the suspect appeared to enter the mall without a weapon, and walked into a Macy’s approximately ten minutes later with a rifle. There, the suspect fired multiple times and killed four women at the scene (one man died of his injuries at Harborview Medical Center).
The victims’ ages range from “teenager to senior [citizen].”
At this time, authorities do not believe there is evidence to support that this is an act of terrorism.
An earlier version of this story is here.
Source: CBS Seattle
- WA: Suspect Shot Attempting to Break into Home (gunwatch.blogspot.com)
- 17-year-old wounded in shooting near Seattle teen center (mynorthwest.com)
- Two Men Wounded In Shooting Following Drug Dispute (spdblotter.seattle.gov)
- Three dead, several injured in shooting at a mall in Burlington | NorthBridge Times (northbridgetimes.com)
- At Least 4 Killed By Gunman at Macy’s in Washington State, USA – SIGNAL (signalng.com)
- [VIDEO] Washington Mall Shooting: Gunman Kills 5, Disappears #CascadeMallShooting (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Seattle hospital after crashing near Ellensburg (seattletimes.com)
- Woman jumps out of 3rd story window after four armed men break into her Seattle home (q13fox.com)
- Man shot near Quincy; two assailants sought (wenatcheeworld.com)