Debt Under Obama Up $9,000,000,000,000Posted: October 9, 2016
The $9,036,534,448,884.32 increase in the federal debt under Obama so far equals approximately $76,442 per household.
(CNSNews.com) – Terence P. Jeffrey reports: The federal government passed a fiscal milestone on the first business day of fiscal 2017—which was Monday, Oct. 3—when the total federal debt accumulated during the presidency of Barack Obama topped $9,000,000,000,000 for the first time.
On Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, the total debt of the federal government was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to data published by the U.S. Treasury.
As of the close of business on Friday, Sept, 30, the last day of fiscal 2016, the total federal debt was $19,573,444,713,936.79. At that point, the total federal debt had increased under Obama by $8,946,567,665,023.71.
On Monday, Oct. 3, the first business day of fiscal 2017, the total federal debt closed at $19,642,949,742,561.51. At that point, the debt had increased under Obama by $9,016,072,693,648.43 from the $10,626,877,048,913.08 it stood at on the day of Obama’s inauguration.
As of the close of business, on Wednesday, Oct. 5—the latest day for which the Treasury has reported—the total federal debt was $19,663,411,497,797.40. That means that so far in Obama’s presidency, the federal debt has increased $9,036,534,448,884.32.
Given that there were 118,215,000 households in the United States in June (the latest estimate from the Census Bureau), the $9,036,534,448,884.32 increase in the federal debt under Obama so far equals approximately $76,442 per household.
The Treasury divides the total debt into two major parts: “debt held by the public” and “intragovernmental debt.” Debt held by the public are U.S. government securities—including bills, notes and bonds—held by individuals and institutions outside the U.S. government. Intragovernmental debt is the money that the Treasury has borrowed and spent out of federal government trust funds such as those for the Social Security program.
According to the Treasury, during Obama’s time in office so far, the “debt held by the public” has climbed from $6,307,310,739,681.66 on Jan, 20, 2009 to $14,170,897,492,757.91 on Oct. 5, 2015. That is an increase of $7,863,586,753,076.25…(read more)
- New ISIS Military Chief Trained by Obama Administration (thenewamerican.com)
- US Sanctions 2 Men as IS Financial Facilitators (voanews.com)
- Congress Can Save the Internet (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- Gang Members Implicate U.S. Gov’t in Dumping Crates of Guns in Chicago (republicbroadcasting.org)
- Anti-doping agency says athlete data stolen by Russian group (fedcyber.com)
- The U.S. is not ‘handing over’ the internet (techcrunch.com)
- George W. Bush Releasing an Art Book (drudge.com)
- George W. Bush book of paintings coming in February, dedicated to vets (japantimes.co.jp)
- Watch George W. Bush’s Speech At Ground Zero After The 9/11 Attacks [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)