Cumbria, England: A Guy Wearing a Batman Suit Chases Some Guys Wearing Clown SuitsPosted: October 14, 2016
A “killer clown” craze is sweeping Britain, with police warning people against dressing as clowns in order to intimidate or harm people.
Now, the craze has taken a change for the strange in Cumbria, where a man is dressing as Batman and vowing to chase down the creepy clowns.
A photograph has been shared on Facebook of “Batman” seemingly chasing off a “killer clown”.
BBC Cumbria reported local company Cumbria Superheroes is behind the effort to rid the streets of clowns.
They have reassured that the costumed man is not a vigilante, but just trying to reassure local children who are scared of the “killer clowns”.
BBC Cumbria also shared a screenshot of an image, apparently from a local child, who was reassured after hearing “Batman” caught the clown.
It says: “Hi Batman, my name is xxx. I have been scared of this clown situation (school told us about it yesterday). I seen on my mammy fb [Facebook] that you caught the clown.
“This means I can go to school and not be scared, thank you for your efforts”.
One police force in Britain had to deal with 14 clown-related incidents in 24 hours, and police forces across the country have warned that incidents are accelerating…(read more)
- Batman steps up to save kids from Crazy Clown craze… (followingthenerd.com)
- Cyber Crime bill at work in Tanzania, 5 arrested for insulting their President (opensources.info)
- 55 held after armed men occupy Sikh temple in UK (dawn.com)
- German town erupts in violence as far-right supporters clash with asylum seekers (ibtimes.co.uk)
- UK Police Make 55 Arrests After Armed Men Occupy Sikh Temple (abcnews.go.com)
- UK police make 55 arrests after armed men occupy Sikh temple (kron4.com)
- Police seek great train robber Buster Edwards – archive, 13 Sep 1963 (theguardian.com)