[VIDEO] Thomas Sowell is Back Again to Discuss His Book Wealth, Poverty, and PoliticsPosted: October 16, 2016 | |
Hoover Institution fellow Thomas Sowell discusses inequality and how it is part of the human condition. Sowell notes that political and ideological struggles have led to a dangerous confusion about income inequality in America. We cannot properly understand inequality if we focus on the distribution of wealth and ignore wealth production factors such as geography, demography, and culture.
What is important is not inequality but human capital; once human capital is unleashed it creates an enormous amount of wealth for people of all classes. In addition there needs to be a sense of humility and gratitude for the generations that have gone before us for the prosperity we have today. Recorded on September 8, 2016.
- The “network effect” Is a key driver of prosperity (waynewilson.typepad.com)
- Quotation of the day on misleading statistics…… (aei.org)
- Thomas Sowell: Lies and misleading statistics (staugustine.com)
- Culture the engine that drives economic and social success (netnewsledger.com)
- Debunking Inequality Myths (danieljmitchell.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Sowell: Sacrificing Black Students (stateofglobe.com)