State Dept. has up to 31,000 Pages of New Clinton Records from the FBI’s Investigation; Wants Five Years to Process ThemPosted: November 7, 2016
(Washington DC) – Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton made the following statement regarding developments during today’s court hearing concerning Judicial Watch’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit seeking emails sent or received by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in her official capacity during her tenure as secretary of state:
The Obama State Department is doing a political favor for Hillary Clinton for suggesting to a federal court today that Judicial Watch wait as long as five years to see up to 31,000 new Clinton documents found by the FBI. We learned in this lawsuit that the State Department is slow-walking the release of Hillary Clinton’s deleted and hidden emails. Ironically, this Clinton/Obama State Department stonewalling has guaranteed that the Clinton email scandal won’t be resolved for years.
The State Department has been producing Clinton email recovered by the FBI under a September 23, 2016, court order issued by Judge Boasberg. The State Department confirmed in September that the FBI turned over to the State Department at least 15,000 new Clinton emails as a result of Judicial Watch’s litigation seeking all of Clinton’s work-related emails (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:15-cv-00687)).
Source: Judicial Watch
- Huma Abedin Likely Voided Her Immunity Deal (grumpyelder.com)
- Justice Department obtains warrant to search Abedin emails (cnn.com)
- Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up! (motherjones.com)
- Justice Department Will Do Whatever It Can to Quickly Review New Hillary Clinton Emails (time.com)
- Bad News For Hillary After Where Weiner Was Found Amid Nasty Sex Scandal (madworldnews.com)
- Abedin Swore Under Oath She Surrendered ‘All’ Devices With State Dept. Emails – Guess What FBI Found (ijr.com)
- FBI Discovers 650,000 Emails On The Laptop Used By Hillary Clinton’s Aide Huma Abedin (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Editorial: Comey’s obligation (bostonherald.com)
- Obama on FBI: ‘We don’t operate on innuendo’ (ukprogressive.co.uk)