Teamwork! Starbucks CEO Schultz Is ‘Stunned’Posted: November 9, 2016
‘But he asks his staff to respect the result’
In a letter to staff on Wednesday, Schultz said he was gobsmacked by the president-elect’s victory but said Americans had to respect the results.
“Like so many of our fellow Americans—both Democrats and Republicans—I am stunned,” Schultz wrote. “We cannot know what the precise impact will be on our country and the rest of the world. I am hopeful that we will overcome the vitriol and division of this unprecedented election season.”
Echoing the conciliatory tone of Trump’s opponent, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, and President Barack Obama in speeches Wednesday afternoon, Schultz said people needed to give Trump a chance to govern well.
In September, the politically outspoken Schultz endorsed Clinton for president, saying he remained optimistic about the country’s future, despite what he saw as an effort by politicians and the media to paint the nation with “cloudiness and despair.” Earlier in the year, he had decried the Republican primaries as “a circus.”
In his staff letter Wednesday, Schultz called on his employees to be kind with other people and…(read more)
- Obama congratulates Trump, invites him to White House for transition talks (japantimes.co.jp)
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz ‘stunned’ by Trump’s election (SBUX) (businessinsider.com)
- On the Election – I (nybooks.com)
- Analyst: Most Americans like neither Candidate (amtvmedia.com)
- Hillary Clinton pokes fun at Donald Trump during charity dinner in New York (telegraph.co.uk)