Cornell Students Hold ‘Cry In’ Over Trump VictoryPosted: November 13, 2016 | |
Student: ‘I’m quite terrified, honestly.’
“I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one student told the campus newspaper as she took part in the event. “It’s saying that people are really given into fear-mongering. They are willing to put people down based on their identity just so that they would feel vindicated that they would be getting rid of ‘Crooked Hillary.’”
Another participant told the Sun many are in “shock” as she sipped on a Starbucks coffee cup, sitting cross-legged in the institution’s Ho Plaza.
“I am concerned how this is validating the behavior of a lot of people,” she said.
As the event took place, students — roughly 20 or so, according to the Sun’s video — wrote their reactions and emotions on poster boards with colored markers, or with chalk on the ground. A chilly day on the Ithaca campus, at one point the demonstrators huddled together as what appeared to be a barista brought them warm drinks…(read more)
Source: The College Fix
- Former Engaged Cornell Liason Convicted of Conspiracy (cornellsun.com)
- How much a cup of Starbucks coffee costs in 8 cities around the world (businessinsider.com)
- It’s Their ‘Right’: University President Approves Students’ ‘Make Amerikkka Great Again’ Headline (ijr.com)
- Harvard student calls out social justice warrior peers as narrow-minded tyrants (thecollegefix.com)
- Grounds for Concern (magazine.nd.edu)