Daily News Reports Steep Decline in CirculationPosted: November 19, 2016
The shocking double-digit declines come weeks after the money-losing News ousted Editor-in-Chief Jim Rich after just one year on the job.
The embattled newspaper reported sharply lower sales on weekdays and Sundays and on newsstand sales and home deliveries, according to the Alliance for Audited Media.
While the entire newspaper industry has been hammered by print circulation declines in recent years, the drop-off by Mort Zuckerman’s Daily News in September was much steeper than the declines at The Post and the New York Times.
The News saw its weekday print circulation tumble 11.2 percent, to 207,680, almost double the 6.8 drop at The Post, which fell to 230,634. The Times reported a decline of 5.5 percent, to 551,579.
The Post was the No. 1 seller on newsstands, with 169,543 copies sold in September, down 9.9 percent. The Times sold an average 77,994 newsstand copies, down 3.5 percent. The News saw newsstand sales crater by 11.4 percent, to 115,923…(read more)
Source: New York Post
- Gannett’s dropped Tronc bid again highlights struggles for America’s newspaper industry (thegazette.com)
- Paul Manafort Staged Airplane Malfunction To Trick Trump Into Picking Pence Over Christie (crooksandliars.com)
- Gannett’s dropped tronc bid again highlights struggles for America’s newspaper industry (triblive.com)
- How to Watch Election Returns on the Big Screen – or at Home (time.com)
- Bloomberg Businessweek parodies well-known magazines for satirical newsstand cover shot (itsnicethat.com)
- The 20 coolest tiny homes you can rent around the world (businessinsider.com)
- Newsweek Forced to Make Humiliating Decision After Sending Out Magazines with ‘President Hillary’ on Cover (ijr.com)