ICYMI: 50,000 Somalis Settled in the United States Under ObamaPosted: November 28, 2016 | |
Paul Bedard reports: The Obama administration resettled 9,000 Somali refugees in the United States in 2014, and a total of 50,000 during Obama’s eight years, a huge number that is now raising concerns after a Somali refugee led a one-man attack spree on the campus of Ohio State.
“We have no way of vetting people from any of the failed states of the Islamic world, whether Somalia or Libya or Yemen or Afghanistan or Iraq.”
In a review of the numbers he reissued after Monday’s attack, CIS Executive Director Mark Krikorian said:
“We have no way of vetting people from any of the failed states of the Islamic world, whether Somalia or Libya or Yemen or Afghanistan or Iraq.”The latter two actually we have more intelligence on, having ruled them for a number of years, but even that information is of limited use; we admitted two Iraqis as refugees who, we only discovered later, had been IED makers back in Iraq. And the FBI fears dozens more such terrorists have been admitted as refugees…Read it here.
Source: Washington Examiner
- Somalia: 4 killed in car bomb blast in the capital (wbrz.com)
- Minnesota man sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiring to support ISIS (businessinsider.com)
- Judge says no prison for 1st Minnesotan in Islamic State case (stripes.com)
- All the Single Ladies of Iran and Swedish Men Explain Things to Me: The Week in Global-Affairs Writing (theatlantic.com)
- Shabab fighters wrest town from Somali forces (japantimes.co.jp)