New EPA Rules Push Regulatory Costs Past $1 Trillion, $3,080 Per PersonPosted: December 1, 2016
The Regulatory Gray Goo Nightmare
Paul Bedard reports: The new implementation of EPA rules on heavy trucks has boosted the 10-year regulatory burden on America past $1 trillion, 75 percent of which have been imposed by the Obama administration.
That amounts to a one-time charge of $3,080 per person, or an annual cost of $540, according to a new analysis from American Action Forum.
“In other words, each year every person, regardless of age, in the nation is responsible for paying roughly $540 in regulatory costs. These burdens might take the form of higher prices, fewer jobs, or reduced wages,” said AAF’s Sam Batkins, director of regulatory policy at the watchdog group.
The staggering amount is likely to surge even higher as President Obama scrambles to lock in several environmental regulations before leaving office. He has already broken records for new regulations and added red tape this year and still has 50 days in office.
Incoming President-elect Trump has promised to kill two current regulations for every new one he adds.
The new high in regulatory costs, said Batkins, came after new fuel standards for trucks were implemented.
His study goes back to 2005, when George W. Bush was president, and said that Obama is responsible for about three quarters of the added regulatory costs.
“The Obama Administration surpassed 500 major regulations last summer, imposing $625 billion in cumulative costs. Earlier this year, regulators published the administration’s 600th major rule…(read more)
Source: Washington Examiner
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner’s “Washington Secrets” columnist, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Déjà Vu All Over Again: Obama Falsely Takes Credit for Low Gas Prices (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Regressive 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco Rejects Challenge to Restrictive ‘May-Issue’ Concealed Carry Practices (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- [VIDEO] REWIND: George W. Bush Full Speech on Katrina from Jackson Square (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- THE HILL: A tale of two Louisiana disasters and media bias. “A very simple question, if George W. … (pjmedia.com)
- La Bienvenida a Nuevos Votantes América! Report: 2.5 Million Illegal Immigrants Have Entered the U.S. Since Obama Took Office, 400,000 Yearly (punditfromanotherplanet.com)