Comunismo Funciona! The Jeep with Fidel Castro’s Ashes Breaks Down, Has to be PushedPosted: December 4, 2016 | |
Incident during farewell acts dictator Fidel Castro in Cuba. The jeep carrying the ashes of the Cuban leader, who died last November 25, is broken during the official procession to Santiago de Cuba. The soldiers guarding the vehicle had to push him, creating an unusual image. [Note: Translated from Spanish, Original source here]
The snapshot for the story is a story in acts of remembrance of former prime minister (1959-1976) and President of the Republic of Cuba (1976-2008), which will conclude on Monday with a private and family farewell at the Santa Ifigenia cemetery .
— 14ymedio (@14ymedio) December 3, 2016
Before the funeral procession, renamed Freedom Ride, it has traveled over a thousand kilometers across the Caribbean island, including the Moncada Barracks, the starting point of the Cuban Revolution that triumphed in 1959.
- On the trail of Fidel Castro: 10 must-visit sights in Cuba (telegraph.co.uk)
- Fidel Castro’s ashes to be buried after week-long journey across Cuba (theguardian.com)
- Fidel Castro, Cuba’s Revolutionary Leader, Dies At 90 (newsy.com)
- Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro dead at 90 (japantimes.co.jp)
- EU Chief Juncker Praises ‘Hero’ Fidel Castro (blacklistednews.com)
- Goodbye, Fidel Castro (vanguardngr.com)
- Cuban Revolutionary Fidel Castro Has Died at 90 (people.com)
- Fidel Castro dies aged 90 (stabroeknews.com)
- Fidel Castro Showed Latin America How to Resist American Imperialism (alternet.org)
- Trek to Castro’s final resting spot traces revolution’s past (stripes.com)