Jeffrey Bewkes: ‘Democrats Were Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump’Posted: December 6, 2016
‘The threat to the First Amendment came from the Democratic side more,’ he says, arguing that journalists viewed a Democratic plank “overly charitably” as campaign finance reform.
Paul Bond reports: When it comes to politicians trampling free speech and free press, Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes said Tuesday that he doesn’t fear president-elect Donald Trump as much as he does his rivals on the other side of the aisle.
Bewkes made the comment after Blodget noted that Trump had criticized CNN for allegedly unfair coverage, and even threatened some sort of regulation in retaliation against CNN, owned by Time Warner…(read more)
Source: Hollywood Reporter
- And We’d Vote “Not Guilty”: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- ‘These things matter’: CNN anchor scolds Trump spokesman after he won’t say flag burning is constitutional (businessinsider.com)
- Trump Attorney General Pick Pushed Anti-Gay Agenda (oliverwillis.com)
- Donald Trump Says He Wants to Jail Flag-Burners – Even Though the Supreme Court Deemed the Practice Legal (people.com)
- Trump Meets with Ex Bank CEO to Abolish FED (amtvmedia.com)
- Trump Attacks New York Times, Makes Grammatical Error [Greg Laden’s Blog] (scienceblogs.com)
- Trump suggests ‘consequences’ for any flag-burners (stripes.com)
- Trump Stokes Outrage by Saying He’d Outlaw Flag-Burning. The Left Reacts Exactly Like He’d Planned (ijr.com)