John Stossel to Leave Fox BusinessPosted: December 10, 2016
Mediate reports that “John Stossel will step down from hosting his weekly Fox Business program, Stossel, this month.” Separately, Stossel announced on Facebook that the special he is airing on Friday, 12/16 will be his last show on Fox Business.
Mediate adds, however, that Stossel will “be working with ReasonTV to start up a libertarian-themed internet platform. He’ll also serve as an educator with the Charles Koch Institute’s new Creative Fellows Program.” Stossel has been a prolific libertarian documentary filmmaker, and a few of his documentaries were reviewed over the years at MissLiberty.com. Many Stossel clips can be found on YouTube.
An entire educational program, “Stossel in the Classroom,” has been built around Stossel’s work and is available to teachers on a complimentary basis.
In response to the announcement, fans on Facebook poured out their grief: “You will be missed John. You were a voice of reason…Thanks for all your work….(read more)
- A new HBO documentary is going behind-the-scenes into Warren Buffett’s life (BRK.A, BRK.B) (businessinsider.com)
- ‘Family Guy’ writer talks about tackling YouTube Red’s first animated series (mashable.com)
- Griffin slams ‘mean’ Ellen (foxnews.com)
- Jimmy Kimmel to host Academy Awards (wbrz.com)
- What More Than Half of Americans Get Wrong About Public Housing (nextcity.org)
- See Laverne Cox, Caitlyn Jenner, and More Trans Activists in This New Documentary (nymag.com)