FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY: Faithless Electors Less Faithful to ClintonPosted: December 19, 2016
TRUMPAGEDDON 2.0: For all of the hype about electors switching their vote from reports, the majority of those electors who cast protest votes were supposed to vote for Hillary Clinton.
For all of the hype about electors switching their vote from reports: Trump to anyone but Trump, the majority of those electors who cast protest votes were supposed to vote for Hillary Clinton.
Four electors in Washington state who were supposed to vote for Clinton instead voted otherwise: three for former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and one for a Native American leader. In contrast, just two electors in Texas voted against Trump.
— The Hill (@thehill) December 19, 2016
The rules vary by state. In 29 states, electors are legally bound to vote for the winner of their state. The rest are not.
Voters who fail to vote the will of their state are known as faithless electors. “That occurrence is nothing new,” said Paul Sracic, a Youngstown State University political scientist and expert in the electoral college. “There have been approximately 157 electors have done just that in the past 200 plus years.”
In most states, they are simply ruled out of order and then an alternative is found to vote they way they are supposed to, which is exactly what happened when…(read more)
Source: Washington Examiner
- Like kryptonite to campaign finance reform (jewishjournal.com)
- Tucker Carlson Debates WA Electoral College Member (freebeacon.com)
- Wisconsin, Pennsylvania go to Trump after ballot recount efforts are declared over (japantimes.co.jp)
- Electoral College members want Russia briefing before deciding president (pinknews.co.uk)
- SNL’s Hillary Clinton Channels Love Actually To Woo Electoral College Voter (crooksandliars.com)
- Hillary Clinton’s Popular Vote Lead Hits 2.7 Million and Climbing (hinterlandgazette.com)
- Non-Sequiturs: 11.25.16 (abovethelaw.com)
- Most rogue electors demanding DNI briefings are from states won by Clinton. (grumpyelder.com)