[VIDEO] Clinton Email Search Warrant Unsealed; Little New RevealedPosted: December 20, 2016
A newly unsealed search-warrant application confirms the Federal Bureau of Investigation found thousands of emails potentially linked to Hillary Clinton on a laptop used by former congressman Anthony Weiner, who was then married to top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.
“Mr. Weiner has been under investigation into whether he sent sexually explicit material to an underage girl. The investigation into Mr. Weiner continues, and he hasn’t been charged with any crimes.”
The search warrant application doesn’t offer any new revelations or insight—if anything, it repeats and reaffirms past assertions by officials about the case regarding how and why they decided to search the laptop in the final days of a heated presidential campaign.
The search-warrant paperwork was unsealed Tuesday—with some redactions—after a California lawyer convinced a New York judge to make public the court document used in an email search that upended the final days of the 2016 race for the White House.
The search warrant was executed in late October on a laptop computer that agents believed was used by both Mr. Weiner and his now-estranged wife, Ms. Abedin. Ms. Abedin is a longtime aide to Mrs. Clinton, including when Mrs. Clinton served as secretary of state.
That probe was unrelated to the politically charged investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server while she served as secretary of state. In July, FBI Director James Comey announced the end of the email probe, saying no reasonable prosecutor would file charges, though he criticized “extremely careless’’ behavior at the State Department in handling Mrs. Clinton’s emails, some of which included classified information.
Then, 11 days before the election, Mr. Comey made a surprise announcement, in the form of a letter to Congress, saying federal agents were examining newly discovered emails that might shed new light on the email case. Since the election, Mrs. Clinton and many Democrats have blamed Mr. Comey’s announcement, along with alleged Russian hacking of her campaign’s internal discussions, for her defeat.
While some names are redacted in the paperwork released Tuesday, it shows that agents previously had identified more than 4,000 work-related emails between Ms. Abedin and Mrs. Clinton from 2009 to 2013. The court papers show agents working the Weiner case had…(read more)
- Bill Clinton: Hillary ‘couldn’t prevail’ against FBI and Russia hacking (amtvmedia.com)
- Judge orders unsealing of search warrant in Clinton email probe (businessinsider.com)
- DC Uses Tax Dollars to Install Art Honoring Hillary As ‘Beacon of Dignity and Guiding Light’ (tammybruce.com)
- Hillary: Russian hack an attempt to ‘undermine our democracy’ (hotair.com)
- New York Times investigation on how Russia tampered with U.S. election (cbsnews.com)
- FBI employee is suspect who shot at Grand Rapids officer (mlive.com)
- Hillary Clinton Says She Lost Because of James Comey and Vladimir Putin (time.com)
- We Can Definitely Say That, If It Had Been Held on the 27th…: (brothersjuddblog.com)