‘Smooth Transition’: Spiteful Obama Adds Another $6 Billion in ‘Midnight Regulations’Posted: December 21, 2016
Obama has already broken all past records on creating federal regulations and red tape, and his new adds will boost the overall price tag to over $1 trillion.
President Obama, who this week has issued a flurry of environmental rules, is planning to unleash another set of “midnight regulations” right before he leaves office that will cost Americans $6 billion.
“These five measures alone could impose $5.1 billion in costs and more than 350,000 paperwork burden hours. In addition, three other rules in proposed form could add $898 million in burdens and 146,000 paperwork hours, for a cumulative total of nearly $6 billion in potential midnight costs and nearly 500,000 burden hours from the two agencies. Consider, EPA and Interior have already imposed $349 billion in previous burdens since 2009,” said AAF’s Sam Batkins.
Source: Washington Examiner
- Left: Planet Earth is in jeopardy with Trump’s EPA pick! Also… Hitler! (hotair.com)
- Trump Selects Oklahoma AG Fighting EPA Regulations to Lead EPA (freebeacon.com)
- Obama parting gift: $3K cost per person because of regulations (grumpyelder.com)
- Trump taps Oklahoma attorney general to lead EPA (amtvmedia.com)
- AG Peterson praises pick of fellow AG Pruitt to head the EPA (nebraskaradionetwork.com)