Obama Accused of Wrecking Trump’s TransitionPosted: January 14, 2017
Paul Bedard writes: A leading House Republican charges that President Obama is implementing a “scorched earth” exit strategy aimed at undermining President-elect Trump first months while cementing his own legacy through a frenzy of midnight regulations.
“I do believe that the retaliation if you will with Russia was appropriate for conduct, but it was appropriate for conduct going back weeks, months, or even years. And that’s one of the challenges is, the Russians see this as the desperate act of a dying administration, not as a measured response to their misconduct.”
California Rep. Darrell Issa also hit Obama’s post-campaign effort to blame Russia for the outcome of the election, which has sparked some Democrats to suggest that the results are illegitimate.
“That’s where President Obama is going to come up with shortages in his legacy because there’s going to be an asterisk saying, basically President Obama had questionable actions during the transition.”
— Rep. Darrell Issa
“President Obama is not going softly into the night. He very clearly wants to leave what some call scorched earth, or at least troubled waters,” said Issa on this weekend’s Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson.
The show, titled “Exit Strategy,” focuses on Obama’s last minute moves, including the wave of regulations being flushed through the a government.
Issa also focused on Obama’s retaliation against Russia for hacking the Democratic National Committee and even his opening of gates of the terrorist prison camp at Cuba’s Guantanamo Bay base…(read more)
Source: Washington Examiner
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner’s “Washington Secrets” columnist, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trevor Noah: Why Putin’s response to the US is the ‘ultimate retaliation’ (businessinsider.com)
- Shirley Franklin picks a side for DNC chair (politics.blog.ajc.com)
- Putin backs those who hacked U.S. Democratic Party for “exposing truth” (vanguardngr.com)
- ABC News continues to “normalize” Donna Brazile as DNC chair (hotair.com)
- Trump Touts Benefits of ‘Good Relationship’ with Russia (abcnewsradioonline.com)
- John Kerry says “no question” Russia cyberattacks continuing (cbsnews.com)
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange interviewed on ‘Hannity’ (bostonherald.com)
- Obamacare tops agenda as Congress returns (wwlp.com)