Suspect in New Year’s Eve Attack on Istanbul Nightclub Captured AlivePosted: January 16, 2017
Suspect aught with his son in a raid in an Istanbul suburb.
The man authorities suspect of being behind the New Year’s Eve attack on an Istanbul nightclub has been captured alive, according to Turkish police sources.
The alleged attacker was caught with his son in a raid on the Esenyurt suburb of Istanbul, sources said.
Thirty-nine people were killed in the attack and dozens more were injured.
Authorities said the gunman fired 180 rounds of 7.62-mm bullets, which are commonly used in AK-47 assault rifles. The attacker also used flares to illuminate the inside of the nightclub during the attack, according to police.
Police said they don’t believe the weapon used in the attack came from inside Turkey. The serial number on the weapon had been defaced.
Between 400 and 500 people…(read more)
Source: ABC News
ABC News’ Michael Edison Hayden contributed to this report.
- At least 35 killed in a mass shooting at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year’s Eve (scroll.in)
- 4 Things To Know: New Year’s Eve, Shooting In Istanbul, William Christopher Dead & More (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Donald Trump Tells Rich Revelers at NYE Bash That He’ll Lower Their Taxes, Kill Obamacare (hinterlandgazette.com)
- Report: Delaware man wounded in Istanbul attack played dead (wavy.com)
- In ‘Rare’ Move, ISIS Claims Responsibility for 39 Deaths in NYE Mass Shooting at Istanbul Nightclub (ijr.com)