Gallup Poll: President Obama’s Average Approval Rating was Among the Worst of the Post-War PresidentsPosted: January 26, 2017
Only three presidents scored worse than Obama since Gallup started doing these surveys in 1945.
As President Obama left the White House, the mainstream press was falling over itself proclaiming how popular he was.
“Obama leaving office on a very high note,” was a typical headline.
Yet despite the media’s fixation with polls, the press completely buried one of the more newsworthy poll findings — a Gallup report that came out last Friday, which took a final look at the President Obama’s popularity over his eight years in office.
“Obama even did worse overall than Richard Nixon, whose average approval was 49%, and was less popular overall than George W. Bush, who got an average 49.4%.”
That poll found that Obama’s overall average approval rating was a dismal 47.9%.
Obama even did worse overall than Richard Nixon, whose average approval was 49%, and was less popular overall than George W. Bush, who got an average 49.4%.
That sounds newsworthy, doesn’t it? But you’d never know this if you relied on the mainstream press for information. That’s because not one of them reported on Gallup’s finding.
It took the conservative CNS News to break the media embargo. It reported on Gallup’s findings on Monday, and its story got picked up by the influential Drudge Report. After that, a few other conservative news and blog sites reported the findings.
Beyond that: total media blackout…(read more)
- Read George W. Bush’s Inauguration Day Letter to Barack Obama (time.com)
- George W. Bush’s Poncho Struggle Sparks The Photoshop Battle It Deserves (huffingtonpost.com)
- Trump Inauguration Ratings Come Up Short Vs Obama (oliverwillis.com)
- Clintons and Bushes will attend inauguration (cnn.com)
- George W Bush’s struggles with a plastic poncho as Donald Trump prepares to enter the White House (telegraph.co.uk)
- George, Laura Bush and Bill, Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inauguration (stripes.com)
- VIDEO: Donald Trump Recognizes Hillary Clinton, Gives Her Standing Ovation During Inauguration Lunch (justjared.com)