New York Times Horrified Trump Wants To End ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’Posted: January 26, 2017 Filed under: Crime & Corruption, Mediasphere, Religion, Terrorism | Tags: Barack Obama, Chicago, Donald Trump, Global Panic, Islamism, Jared Kushner, Jihadism, journalism, media, New York, news, President of the United States, Radical Extremist, The New York Times, Twitter, White House 1 Comment
‘Mr. Trump’s plans to eradicate violent extremists…’
Peter Hasson reports: The New York Times’ editorial board took a stand Thursday against President Donald Trump’s vow to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth.
“The emerging details suggest that Mr. Trump’s plans to eradicate violent extremists are not only at odds with Mr. Obama’s; they trample on American values and international law.”
The Times’ editors worried that Trump’s approach to fighting radical Islamic terrorism — which they referred to with scare quotes — is “more likely to further inflame anti-American sentiment around the world than to make the United States safer.”
“The emerging details suggest that Mr. Trump’s plans to eradicate violent extremists are not only at odds with Mr. Obama’s; they trample on American values and international law,” they wrote.
The Times editorial found several problems with Trump’s approach, including his use of the term “radical Islam,” which the editors say is “demonizing and alienating the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims,” the fact that he is reportedly considering designating the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, and the fact that…(read more)
Source: The Daily Caller
- NY Times’ Jodi Kantor on President Obama’s farewell speech, legacy (cbsnews.com)
- Donald Trump Tweets ‘It All Begins Today’ on the Morning of His Presidential Inauguration (time.com)
- Justice Department: Jared Kushner cleared to serve as White House adviser (businessinsider.com)
- In Iowa, It’s All About Terrorists and Welfare Bums (motherjones.com)
- Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, to be named senior advisor to president (thegazette.com)
- Another Day, Another Hit Piece (powerlineblog.com)
- Geraldo Rivera: ‘I Have Never’ Seen The Media Be More Biased Against A Candidate Than Trump (dailycaller.com)
Reblogged this on Brittius.