Four Arrested at Gavin McInnes Event as Antifa Protesters Become ViolentPosted: February 2, 2017 | |
Four people were arrested at an NYU event where Gavin McInnes delivered a speech, after protesters became violent.
Following a fight, which started after protesters started to assault McInnes as he entered the venue and ended in a stolen Make America Great Again hat being set on fire, protesters followed McInnes into the venue and attempted to disrupt his show with chants.
“The protesters were seemingly unaware that McInnes is a libertarian, and has never been associated with neo-Nazism.”
One attendee was also attacked by anti-fascists with water as he gave an interview on camera.
“The NYU Anti-Fascists organized the event on Facebook titled ‘Disrupt Gavin McInnes at NYU’,” reported Pix 11, however unlike the riot that anti-fascists started during Breitbart Senior Editor MILO’s show at UC Berkeley on Wednesday, New York police intervened and managed to prevent a large-scale incident from taking place.
Protesters made chants of “get out of here you Nazi scum,” at McInnes, and “hurled expletives at police,” and others who attempted to either enter the venue or keep students and attendees safe.
“There was a lot of shoving and scuffling and punches were thrown. Police had to move in, and they made several arrests.”
— Pix 11 reporter Marvin Scott
“There’s a neo-Nazi speaking, so we’re here to protest,” said one protester who was holding a sign written in Arabic.
Natasha Roy, Jemima McEvoy, Sayer Devlin, and Diamond Naga Siu report: VICE co-founder Gavin McInnes spoke for only three minutes without interruption until the jeers started. He exited the Rosenthal Pavilion in the Kimmel Center for University Life 20 minutes after he took to the podium and was escorted from a mixed room of fans and sneering students — once he was in the back, McInnes decided to leave the premises immediately.
McInnes will not be returning @nyunews
— Sayer Devlin (@metties) February 3, 2017
Gavin McInnes pepper-sprayed at NYU speaking engagement https://t.co/S9EbGfABOZ
— Mike (@mike4libertyCA) February 3, 2017
NYPD and NYU Public Safety Officers secured both the interior and exterior of the building, and even before he had entered, McInnes was attacked with pepper spray. He was treated immediately by EMT while security and university officials waited outside the Kimmel bathroom door.
And once he started speaking, students verbally harassed him — they began the ridicule once McInnes made the first joke that did not bode well with the audience.
“When I got pepper sprayed, your eyes hurt obviously,” McInnes said as he imitated a squirt gun sound — the object the protestor used to attack him. “And then you get this sense of panic like ‘How do I know this isn’t acid?’ Oh yeah, this isn’t Islam.” … (read more)
“We have freedom of speech in this country, however if you’re going to promote something that is hateful and hurtful to our democracy, we have a right to come out and explain why our democracy exists,” said another.
The protesters were seemingly unaware that McInnes is a libertarian, and has never been associated with neo-Nazism.
“There was a lot of shoving and scuffling and punches were thrown,” declared Pix 11 reporter Marvin Scott, who was on the scene. “Police had to move in, and they made several arrests.”
McInnes was able to finish his speech, which was interrupted throughout, without having to evacuate the building, and … (read more)
- University of Kansas doesn’t deny putting up flyers that call MAGA ‘coded’ neo-Nazi language (thecollegefix.com)
- Pro-Trump Twitter extraordinaire Bill Mitchell explains his political views: ‘I’m a resultist’ (businessinsider.com)
- Mass murderer says he’s been “very damaged” by prison isolation (cbsnews.com)
- Lindsey Graham: Caitlyn Jenner’s welcome in my party (hotair.com)
- Relax: UK Government to Battle Islamist Violence by Fighting ‘All Forms of Extremism’ (pjmedia.com)
- Gavin McInnes: Assange Knows Something Weird Happened to Seth Rich But Isn’t Telling Us (VIDEO) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Violent Neo-Nazis To Crash GOP Convention, Defend Trump Supporters From ‘Leftish Thugs’ (dailycaller.com)
- Printing Firm Refuses to Make Anti-Islamism T-Shirt, Still Sells Che, Bin Laden Gear (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Newt Gingrich: C’mon, let’s arrest Madonna for threatening to blow up the White House (hotair.com)