Deep State: Obama Agitators Are Subverting Government and Undermining TrumpPosted: February 16, 2017
The leaks that led to Michael Flynn’s resignation are just the beginning. Obama and his loyalists in and outside government are working to undermine Trump.
“As the leaks keep flowing from our intelligence agencies and the tweets keep flying from former Obama officials, keep in mind that although we haven’t heard much from Obama himself yet, the Trump administration is going to keep feeling the disruptions of what amounts to a shadow government.”
There are exceptions, of course. Jimmy Carter threw himself into international diplomacy, mediating an agreement in 1994 to return exiled President Jean-Bertrand Aristide to power in Haiti, and generally agitating for a Palestinian state.
Then there is Obama. Less than a month out of office, the broad contours of Obama’s post-presidency career are already taking shape. Obama and his loyalists, it seems, will remain in the center of the political fray, officially and unofficially, in an organized effort to undermine the Trump administration.
The bizarre scandal now unfolding over the resignation of national security advisor Michael Flynn is a case in point. Flynn’s resignation was prompted by a series of coordinated and anonymous leaks from current and former Obama administration officials in our domestic intelligence agencies.
“Obama had eight years in the White House to secure his legacy. Any efforts on his part to undermine his successor aren’t just an affront to the principles of our democracy, they’re an admission that he and his acolytes never put much stock in democracy to begin with.”
Regardless of any valid criticism of Flynn, the leaks are part of a larger, loosely organized effort now underway to preserve Obama’s legacy. This effort involves Obama-era officials still inside the federal government, former Obama staffers working in the private sector, and Obama himself.
This isn’t some conspiracy theory. After the election, Obama indicated he intends to stay involved in the political fray. In an email to his supporters on his last day in office, Obama encouraged them to stay engaged, promising “I’ll be right there with you every step of the way.” Less than two weeks later, he issued a statement saying he was “heartened” by anti-Trump protests over the executive order on immigration.
But there’s more to all this than Obama issuing solidarity statements to Trump protestors. For one thing, the former president isn’t moving back to Chicago. The Obama family will remain in Washington DC, within a couple miles of the White House, for the next two years as Obama’s youngest daughter finishes high school.
From there, Obama will help direct his new foundation, which he has said will be a “startup for citizenship.” That could mean a lot things, but in light of his other plans it suggests the Obama Foundation will be a political grassroots organization designed to mobilize progressive activists.
- Thanks, W: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- Who are the three judges who will decide on Donald Trump’s travel ban? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Appeals Court Rules Against Donald Trump, Keeping Immigration Ban on Hold For Now (truthdig.com)
- Progressives, NeverTrumpers Thrilled over Appointment of Ret. Vice Adm. Robert Harward as NSC Advisor (grumpyelder.com)
- Watch George W. Bush’s Speech At Ground Zero After The 9/11 Attacks [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- Gallup Poll: President Obama’s Average Approval Rating was Among the Worst of the Post-War Presidents (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- 47.9%: Obama Had Lower Average Approval Rating Than Nixon or Bush (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- SLAMMIFER: Romanian Hacker Guccifer Sentenced to 52 Months in U.S. Prison (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- CNN Poll: George Hitler McChimp Bush More Popular than Divine Saint Barack Obama? (punditfromanotherplanet.com)