Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos Book Publication; Milo Disinvited From CPACPosted: February 20, 2017
Simon & Schuster’s Adam Rothberg announced that the company and its Threshold Editions division would be canceling its publication of Yiannopoulos’ book, ‘Dangerous.’ It was due for release on June 13.
The decision comes amid a controversy involving a video from January 2016, in which Yiannopoulos appears to defend pedophilia. It resurfaced after it was recently shared on a conservative blog, and has gained traction and backlash over the past week.
— (((Adam Rothberg))) (@AdamRothberg) February 20, 2017
“We realize that Mr. Yiannopoulos has responded on Facebook, but it is insufficient,” American Conservative Union Chairman Matt said in a statement. “It is up to him to answer the tough questions and we urge him to immediately further address these disturbing comments.”
In the video, a 2016 episode of podcast “The Drunken Peasants,” Yiannopoulos discussed his own experience with sexual assault as a teenager. He argued in the clip that relationships between “younger boys and older men” could be beneficial.
Later on Monday, Simon & Schuster’s Adam Rothberg announced that the company and its Threshold Editions division would be canceling its publication of Yiannopoulos’ book, “Dangerous.” It was due for release on June 13.
In a Facebook post in response to the controversy, Yiannopoulos … (read more)
- Milo Yiannopoulos’s Publisher Addresses Book Controversy in a Letter to Authors (nymag.com)
- Who is Milo Yiannopoulos? The ultra-conservative provocateur, Breitbart News editor and Donald Trump admirer (telegraph.co.uk)
- “How To Be Heard” For Real: Roxane Gay Pulls Book From Simon & Schuster Over Imprint’s Deal with Alt-Righter Milo Yiannopoulos (goodblacknews.org)
- Out Magazine writer ‘comes out’ as conservative after controversial Yiannopoulos profile (pinknews.co.uk)
- A Crank of the Far Right? (powerlineblog.com)
- Sen. Ron Johnson: Career Politicians Aren’t Doing Enough To Create Jobs [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- TEMS Thursday: Andrew Malcolm, Linda LeFauve, Milo Yiannopoulos (hotair.com)
- MILO YIANNOPOULOS: Silicon Valley Is Headed for Disaster, and No One Can Save It. America will a… (pjmedia.com)