It was in connection with the police to arrest a wanted person at the metro station in Rinkeby at 20 o’clock on Monday evening that they had stones thrown against it.
– A police officer was injured in the arm associated with it and they were forced to fire warning shots, said Lars Bystrom at Stockholm police.
– After police managed to get away with the arrested.
Cars have been set on fire
After the event at the Metro launched a new riots in the area shortly after 22 pm, when several car fires started nearby.
According to the emergency services should it move about a dozen cars. The police are talking about fewer cars, seven or eight. Some shops in the area should also have been subjected to looting, but it is according to the police during the night is not clear to what extent.
40 involved in riots
It is unclear exactly how many people were involved in the riot
– A 30, 40, 50, some may have disappeared, others have been added, it is difficult to get a handle on exactly how many, said police spokesperson Lars Bystrom to SVT News.
“Should get peace and quiet”
The police then regrouped to assist the emergency services in fire fighting.
– Now we have added proper resources to ensure the peace and quiet of the area, says Lars Bystrom.
– We have a fairly large number of police officers trained in the region to handle this type of situation. You have the right training and the right equipment, and they are the ones we are using right now.
Shortly after midnight on Tuesday will also be the order have been restored on the site.
Emergency services are waiting on the advice of police
Greater Stockholm Fire tells Swedish Television News that in connection with the call-out to bilbränderna first got await the green light to get into the field to begin rescue work when the police have not been able to secure the place.
– We have tried to do it, but were also subjected to stone throwing, so we had to back up again, says Charles Agren, head of operations at the emergency threshold.
It should be according Agren have been no contagion from the cars, which stands on a parking lot, some properties in the area.
Occasionally intimidating atmosphere of the place
According to a freelance photographer in the place was the atmosphere during the evening at times very intimidating.
– I’ve been through a lot this unrest but this is something extraordinary, he says. It looks like a war zone here.
Police have launched an investigation into violent riots and violence against official.