There’s Almost No Chance Jeff Sessions Committed PerjuryPosted: March 2, 2017
Kevin Daley reports: Journalists and Democrats in Congress were far too quick to speculate that Attorney General Jeff Sessions perjured himself during his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, after The Washington Post revealed he had failed to disclose two meetings with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.
“There are three elements here: a statement must be false, the false statement must be material (relevant) to the question/s asked, and the false statement must be made with an intent to deceive.”
Perjury is the crime of willfully telling an untruth while under oath before a court or tribunal. Sessions’ failure to disclose contacts with Russian officials is disappointing, but doesn’t qualify as perjury within the meaning of federal law.
Source: The Daily Caller
- Allen Weinstein, RIP (powerlineblog.com)
- Biden 1992 redux: I’d “highly recommend” not nominating a SCOTUS replacement in an election year (hotair.com)
- Sessions: Immigration Caps Needed to Save Middle Class & America (thegatewaypundit.com)
- CULTURE OF CORRUPTION: GOP preps tough perjury case against Clinton. GOP lawmakers have claimed t… (pjmedia.com)
- Hillary’s IT Guy Says He’ll Plead The 5th If Called To Testify About Homebrew Email Server (dailycaller.com)
- Ex-State Dept. Staffer Who Set Up Clinton Home Server to Take 5th Amendment Before Congress (thegatewaypundit.com)
- State Dept Claims Another Year To Compile Short Double-Dippers List (dailycaller.com)