Camille Paglia: Feminism ‘Bogged Down’ By Democrat IdentityPosted: March 18, 2017 | |
‘I want feminism to include women who are conservative’.
Caroline May reports: Feminism should embrace a more diverse range of women and avoid being associated with a single political party, according to feminist and social critic Camille Paglia.
“I don’t like the way feminism has gotten bogged down by being identified with one party: my party, the Democratic Party.”
Paglia, the author of “Free Women, Free Men: Sex, Gender, Feminism,” said she does not like the current direction of the feminist movement and would prefer to see it include a larger swath of women.
“I want feminism to include women who are conservative, women who are church-going, women who are into home-schooling and so on. As well as women like me, who favor total abortion rights.”
“I want feminism to include women who are conservative, women who are church-going, women who are into home-schooling and so on. As well as women like me, who favor total abortion rights,” she said.
In her Friday interview, Paglia also took aim at entertainers who fancy themselves political commentators. … (read more)
Source: The Daily Caller
- [VIDEO] Camille Paglia: ‘Universities Are an Absolute Wreck Right Now’ (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Camille Paglia: How to Age Disgracefully in Hollywood (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Democrat Party Platform Calls for Prosecuting Global Warming Deniers (thegatewaypundit.com)
- What Happens If Hillary Is Indicted? (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- NSA Whistleblower: Spy Agencies Eavesdrop Without Warrants (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- [VIDEO] Navel-Gazing About Gender While the World Burns: Camille Paglia on the Unreal World of America’s Youth (punditfromanotherplanet.com)